Due to runway maintenance in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu, all flights to/from Lukla is being rerouted from Kathmandu Airport to Manthali Airport, Ramechhap from April 1, 2019, to July 30, 2019.
A formal statement to that effect has already been circulated by the airlines. The date and tentative time of the flights will remain the same as per the tickets issued. However, this will require you to travel to Manthali, Ramechhap from Kathmandu on your way to Lukla and retrace the exact same route on your way back to Kathmandu. There are a few special flights that operate directly from Kathmandu to Lukla. You can also book them at HoneyGuide’s Website.
Here is all you need to know to survive the change:
About Manthali Airport
Manthali Airport is located in the Tamakoshi River Valley in Manthali, the capital of Ramechhap District at an altitude of 474 m. It is located 132 kms east of Kathmandu and it takes 4.5 hours to get there from Kathmandu by road.
It is a small town that doesn’t see many visitors ordinarily. Hence, accommodation facilities available are limited and the service level is not very high. With the large number of trekkers who will come here to catch their flights, it is highly likely that you won’t find accommodation in Manthali during the peak season of April- May.
Ramechhap to Lukla- What Are My Options To Manage Transport To Manthali Airport on my own?
If you have directly booked your Lukla flights through Airlines website or travel agencies, please coordinate with the respective parties. In all likelihood, they will take care of the transportation to Manthali Airport. In the unlikely event that you have to arrange transportation and accommodation on your own, here is what you can do:
Getting to Manthali, Ramechhap
- There are some transport companies who manage direct transport from Kathmandu to Manthali.
Services they offer:
1. Daily Tourist Buses that depart at 2 am in the morning so you can avoid the hassle of staying overnight in Manthali- Nrs. 900 per person (one way)
2. Car/ Jeep/ Haice/ Coaster on Hire
You can contact them at +977-9851047204, +977-9851190121
- If you are okay with staying overnight in Manthali, you have an option to:
- Get a cab to Koteshwor
- Catch a local bus or regular jeep from Koteshwor Bus Park to Manthali. Vehicles usually depart starting 6:30 am until 1 pm.
As more options arise, we will keep the blog updated!
How Can HoneyGuide Help You?
- HoneyGuide has access to some special flights that fly directly from Kathmandu to Lukla, and back. For direct flights, you will see a message ‘Fly from Kathmandu’ in your search result. (LIMITED SEATS AVAILABLE) Book Now!
- If there are no direct flight remaining, you will see ‘Fly from Ramechhap’ Option. These are the flights that will operate from Manthali Airport, Ramechhap but HoneyGuide will manage transportation for you. The flight cost of USD 168 that you have paid for Kathmandu to Lukla flight (Fly from Ramechhap) will now include:
- The land transportation from Kathmandu to Ramechhap and Ramechhap to Kathmandu.
- Flight from Manthali Airport, Ramechhap to Lukla.
Search and Book Lukla Flights Here!
If you have inquiries, Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, message us directly on Whatsapp: +977-9843376717
Through HoneyGuide, you can also Directly Book Lodges and Guides In Everest. Learn More.