HoneyGuide is an exciting travel-tech startup which is redefining the way people trek “To the Mountains”. At HoneyGuide we provide adventurers with the necessary information and the connections to have a fruitful and immersive trek.
Come be part of the adventure that is HoneyGuide. Here is why you should join:
- We have an in-house curriculum to help you understand the core principles about the stuffs you will be working on.
- Data Driven Decision Making means that the best ideas win and there will be numbers to back it up.
- Rather than features, we focus on running experiments which means all of us learn something new all the time.
- Since roles are ill-defined and departments are non-existent here, you will learn about technology, marketing, photography, sales, culture, analytics, networking, design and everything else in between.
- You will also be learning a lot from the diversity in the founding team. (Abhishek Pande, Ashish Shrestha and Diwaker Ghimire)
- Look at our app. Something like this has never been done before. It isn’t hard to see that innovation is in our DNA.
- Sloppy and mediocre work has no place at HoneyGuide. If it isn’t five times better than what is out there, we trash it.
- That said, HoneyGuide isn’t for everybody. HoneyGuide is a refuge for people who were too smart for school, too headstrong for teachers, too creative for banks, too motivated for an INGO and too adventurous for a routine job.
The work you will do at HoneyGuide will not only be fun, but it will also promote far-flung destination, bridges cultures, saves lives and creates a marketing platform for small travel businesses in Nepal.
The love we have received from Nepali newspapers, Lonely Planet and Business World stand as testament to the innovation and impact that HoneyGuide brings to the table
As winners of The Global Impact Accelerator Program from Nepal, we will be participating in Slush 2016, one of the largest startup events in Europe.
If you want to know more
Contact two of our co-workers about what it is like to work at HoneyGuide Apps.Sophina Luitel andAshik Shrestha.
Read the following blogs:Finding HoneyGuide;How I found Yabyum in Mustang andRIP your Guidebook.
2 day weekend
So if you are interested, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Updated Resume
- Portfolio of work you have done
- A short description about why you want to join HoneyGuide.
Also before you apply please take the time to understand what HoneyGuide stands for by going through our blogs and social media channels. We too shall go beyond your GPA and work experience during the interviews. ;)
We understand it was a long read just to get to the Job Description, but amazing teams are built by understanding each other’s hopes and fears. Please
And now, here are the Job Descriptions:
- Cross Platform Mobile Developer
- Front-end Developer
- SEO and Analytics Officer
- Content Writers
- Ground Marketing Officer
Job Description for Back-end Developer
We have great product, but having product is not always sufficient it must always evolve with current technological trend and always be cooperative with its user. As such we seek developers who can keep up with us and user.
- Curious: Should look new technologies with curiosity not as another "thing".
- Learning Attitude: Nobody knows all, but if you have learning attitude you will get by whatever people throw at you.
- Great Communicator: If you understand there is more to communication than speech and words, you are the one we are looking for. ;)
- Proactive: Since you will be taking the lead on most activities, it is a no brainer that you need to be very very proactive.
- Team player: You will also be working closely with the founding team, web marketeer and other members of the team, getting along with people is the key.
- Data Driven: You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? You must understand the importance of data to measure the effectiveness of seemingly intangible activities.
- Technical Stack: You will be mainly working with Python for our web platform.
- Coordinate: You will be coordinating with Front-end team frequently.
- Knowledge Sharing: You will be sharing knowledge and ideas about anything, from what you are working on to whatever you hacked on weekend.
- 1+ years of experience in Python.
- Have good Knowledge of web frameworks such as Flask/Django/Pyramid.
- Should have good understanding of Python features such as comprehensions, context managers etc.
- Have working knowledge of database and ORMs.
- Should be able to work on Asynchronous programming style.
- Knowledge of DVCS tools, mercurial or git is must.
- Interest in Functional Programming style.
If you think you fit the bill, let's talk. Send an email to Ashish Shrestha email@example.com by July 10, 2018 along with your
- Cover Letter (Why you and HoneyGuide Apps will be a great fit?)
- CV with references
- Link to your portfolio application (if applicable)
- Github Link
PS: An application will not be considered complete without all three parts. We will not review incomplete applications. Also, we do not discriminate on sex, race, age, marital status, religion, sexual inclination or fetishes. Please do not include such information in your application.