UPDATE: This tour was fully booked and is closed. If you are interested to join such a tour in the Nepali New Year in April, please Call / WhatsApp Ashish at +977-9841370673.
Here are some moments from the event. Official Video to follow soon.
While most new year events involve drunken revelry in overlit city streets, we believe New Year celebrations should be quiet and contemplative. Why not celebrate the end of what has been a crazy year in the quiet company of loved ones at the highest hotel in the world? Come join us for an evening session at Hotel Everest View with a beautiful musical performance by Trishala Gurung and Rohit Shakya. And while we are at it, we will also go for a quick tour to the iconic viewpoint of Kalapatthar to see Mount Everest up close.
- Chartered flight between Kathmandu and Lukla.
- One night each at Lukla and Namche.
- Heli shuttle to Namche
- Two nights at Hotel Everest View.
- New Year’s Eve at Hotel Everest View with Trishala Gurung and Rohit Shakya.
- Heli Tour to Kala Patthar on 1 January 2021.
- Champagne Brunch on New Year’s Day.
- Heli shuttle to Lukla from Hotel Everest View
- Limited Availability. Only 24 seats are available.
The World’s Highest New Year is priced at NPR 1,20,000 per person for Nepalis and NPR 1,35,000 per person for Expatriates / Indians. Please call Ashish 9841370673 for more details. You can also “>WhatsApp us if that is more convenient. Also see Cost and Inclusions.
We understand that traveling during this time to a hotel at 3,880 meters poses some challenges, and we at HoneyGuide are very picky about safety. As such, we have taken the following safety measures.
- Mandatory PCR tests.
- Slow ascent to minimize the chances of Acute Mountain Sickness.
- Socially distanced seating during meals and also during the New Year’s Event.
- Use of luxury properties throughout that follow strict safety and service standards.
- Summit Air and Kailash Heli strictly adhere to the safety guidelines laid down by CAAN and WHO.
For more details please read Health and Safety Issues below.
DAY 1: To Lukla! / 29 December 2020.
We take a chartered flight with Summit Air from Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu to Tenzing Hillary Airport at Lukla. Please plan to check in with Summit Air by 7:30 am. After a 25 minutes flight and stunning mountain views, we will land at Lukla, where we check-in at Yeti Mountain Home.
After freshening up, we will walk around Lukla village for a few hours before settling in for the night at YMH. Please note that staying at Lukla is essential to reduce the chances of Acute Mountain Sickness.
DAY 2: Full Moon at Namche / 30 December 2020
After breakfast, we walk to the helicopter wing of Lukla Airport. From there, Kailash Helicopter will shuttle us to the capital of Everest Region, Namche Bazaar. Once there, we will check in to Hotel Namche, freshen up and go for a tour around Namche Bazaar.
DAY 3: Good-Bye 2020 / 31 December 2020
Please plan to be back at the Hotel Everest View for a quiet dinner at 7:00 pm. Musical performances by Trishala Gurung and Rohit Shakya will start at 9:00 pm and will continue till the last midnight of 2020.
DAY 4: World’s Highest New Year Day / 1 January 2021
We shall start 2021 by seeing Mount Everest up close from the iconic viewpoint of Kala Patthar. After the heli tour, we will come back to Hotel Everest View for a Champagne Brunch. Then, you have a free day that you can use to either walk around or sit and stare at the beautiful mountains.
DAY 5: To New Beginnings / 2 January 2021
After breakfast at Hotel Everest View, we leave for Lukla. From there, we will take a chartered flight back to Kathmandu at 11:00 am.
COST AND INCLUSIONS
The World’s Highest New Year is priced at NPR 1,20,000 per person for Nepalis and NPR 1,35,000 per person for Expatriates / Indians. Please call Ashish 9841370673 for more details. You can also “>WhatsApp us if that is more convenient.
- Fixed-winged chartered flights between Kathmandu and Lukla
- Heli Ride from Lukla to Namche. (5 travelers in one shuttle)
- Heli Tour to Kala Patthar with 10 minutes touchdown. Flyover of Khumbu Glacier and Everest Base Camp.
- Wages for guides and porters.
- Accommodation throughout the tour. (Single room is not available)
- Musical Performance during New Year Eve by Trishala Gurung and Rohit Shakya.
- Champagne Brunch at Hotel Everest View during New Year’s Day.
- Heli shuttle from Hotel Everest View to Lukla.
- Sagarmatha National Park Fee for Nepalis.
- Airport Tax for Heli Tours
- Professional Photographer / Videographer
- Meals and Beverages.
- Tips for Guides and Porters. Typical rates are Rs. 300-400 per day.
- Permits for non-Nepalis.
- Corkage for alcoholic drinks.
- Airport Pickup and Drop Service. (Available upon request)
STEP 1: CONTACT US
Please contact us for a detailed consultation. You can either call Ashish at 9841370673, WhatsApp/Viber us at “>9841370673, email us at email@example.com, or visit our office at Kupondole. During the consultation, we will brief you about the tour, including personalized safety concerns. You will be expected to provide us with the necessary details about you and your group.
STEP 2: PAYMENT
Booking is on a first come first serve basis. Please provide us with a 50% deposit to confirm your seat.
Beneficiary Name: Honey Guide Pvt Ltd
Beneficiary Bank: Himalayan Bank, Pulchowk Branch
Account Number: 00606903770018
We will also collect the following during the time of payment:
- Full legal names of all passengers
- Address and Phone Numbers for at Home PCR test.
- Emergency Contact information
- Signed Contract.
You can pay the remaining 50 percent after your PCR test is done. In case of a positive PCR result later, we will refund you the full deposit amount.
STEP 3: PCR TEST
We will send an experienced medical professional to collect samples for PCR tests on 26 December 2020. Please note that the cost of the PCR test is not included in the package. In the case of a positive result, we shall provide a full refund.
STEP 4: TRIP BRIEFING AND DEPARTURE
After a negative PCR result, we will schedule a tour briefing on Saturday, 28 December 2020, and then on the 29th, we begin our adventure. 🙂
HEALTH AND SAFETY ISSUES
If you have any of the following conditions, please have a detailed consultation with your doctor before signing up for this trip:
- Sickle cell Disease- Increased risk of sickle cell crisis.
- Pregnancy- First three months puts the fetus at high risk.
- Pulmonary hypertension- High risk of High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE)
- Obesity Hypoventilation Syndrome- High risk of Acute Mountain Sickness, High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE) and heart failure.
- Carotid Surgery- Difficulty/Disability to increase airflow in response to low oxygen content. It might be possible to undertake a trek depending upon the kind of surgery. Thorough consultation required.
- Congenital Heart Problems- High risk of High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE).
Also read about a more comprehensive treatment here.
Traveling during this time requires special precautions. As such, all travelers must have a 72 hour negative PCR Report before getting on the flight to Lukla.
All aircrafts, helicopters, and vehicles used will be thoroughly disinfected before boarding. You will also be expected to wear a mask and visor at all times during the flight between Kathmandu and Lukla.
Please understand that while the infection rate is very low in the Everest Region, you have to take the usual precautions. Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, wear masks at public places and maintain social distance. It is also essential to avoid unnecessary interactions with the local population and maintain social distance during all interactions.
In the Everest Region, we will be staying at Yeti Mountain Home, Hotel Namche, and Hotel Everest View. As properties with high safety and service standards, you can rest assured that every precaution possible will be taken during your stay. We will also ensure social distancing during meals.
We will also make sure that all guides and porters are screened before being recruited.
Traveling above 3,000 meters poses challenges as the amount of oxygen at that altitude is much lower. As such, we will be spending nights at Lukla and Namche to acclimatize to the altitude. It is also advisable to:
- Drink 4 liters of fluid every day. ORS is highly recommended.
- Make sure you are warmly clothed at all times. Carry a fleece in your day pack and make use of your windstopper.
- Limit alcohol consumption throughout the tour.
- Avoid taking sleeping pills even though you will feel a bit sleepless at high altitude.
- Stay active during the day.
Please read more about Altitude Illnesses here.
Environmental Hazards and Trail Safety
The amount of walking on this tour is minimal. Regardless, please keep the following things in mind:
- Stay with your group and follow the instructions given by your guide.
- Avoid taking pictures from risky places.
- As a mule/yak train approaches, remember to stick to the safer mountainside rather than go towards the riskier streamside.
Some environmental hazards to consider during this tour are:
As you go higher, the dry air will make you cough more, and the best way to avoid it is to breathe humidified air by using a mask of some sort. A buff is excellent for this purpose, and a handkerchief will do just fine. Just make sure it isn’t too tight. Also, make sure to dress warmly and remember to protect your neck and head from the cold. Candies or cough drops will help.
UV exposure in the high mountains is relatively high. As such, choosing an SPF 30+ sunscreen that is effective against UVA is essential. Also, make sure that you apply the sunscreen fifteen minutes before exposure. If you have been sweating, it is advisable to reapply the sunscreen at lunchtime.
Sunglasses with adequate UV protection is necessary, and you should put them on even on overcast days if there is snow on the ground.
Wile HoneyGuide has and will take every precaution for the safety of its clients, HoneyGuide will not be responsible and will not be liable to indemnify anyone in case of any mishap that might occur during the trip.
December is one of the driest month in the Everest Region. However, late December can see some snow and you have to prepare for it. But given that December sees a lot of sunshine, that snow will usually melt within a few days.
Evening and nights are below freezing, but the daytime temperature is fantastic. But please remember that daylight is shortest in December. And given that temperature will plummet quickly after sunset, you have to plan your days conservatively.
|Max Avg Temp
|Min Avg Temp
|No. Sunny Days
|Sunrise (Dec 15)
|Sunset (Dec 15)
CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT
Few essential items that you should absolutely not forget for this trip are:
- Down Jacket- Mornings and evenings can be pretty chilly. It will make your stay at camp and short excursions that much more comfortable.
- Down Pants- Given that we will not be walking that much, down pants will prepare you for anything mother nature can throw at you.
- Inner Thermals- Both top and bottom will make your stay that much more enjoyable.
- Middle Fleece Layer- A fleece is great for layering with wind/waterproof jacket for walking.
- Wind/Water Jacket- It’s your shell that you can layer with your mid-layers while walking in the trails. Make sure it is breathable and waterproof.
- Buff- It can be used as a neck gaiter, headwear, mask, hairband, and a whole bunch of other ways. One of the best uses, however, is to cover your nose and mouth at high altitudes to hydrate your breath and avoid the cold, dry mountain air. Make sure to keep it rather loose around your nose, though, and your lungs will love you for it.
- Gloves- Make sure it is at least windproof.
- Woolen cap – Perfect in the evenings inside the hotels.
- Sun Hat/Baseball Hat- Great for protection from the sun when it is still warm enough.
- Trekking Boots- Lightweight, waterproof, ankle support, some toe room, and, most importantly, broken in. Do not compromise on your footwear. It can make or break the experience.
- Sunglasses with straps- Straps are necessary as sunglasses happen to be the one thing that people misplace most often while taking pictures or resting.
- Sunscreen- SPF 30-50 will be good enough. There is little point in going over that. However, make sure it is rated UVA in addition to UVB.
- Lip Balm- Moisturizing and SPF 30 necessary.
- Paracetamol 300 mg- 20 tablets. For mild headaches.
- Throat lozenges- 20. For cough and sore throat. It can be used preventively against the cold, dry mountain air.
- Acetazolamide (Diamox) 250 mg – 20 tablets. To aid acclimatization and AMS treatment.
For more details check out the Comprehensive Packing List.
Weather Dependent Delays
Please note that travelling to the mountains is highly weather dependent. As such please note that flight schedule can change at the last moment. Please do your part by following the timings and instructions given by the organizers and flight captains.
Mobile Network and Wifi
WiFi will be available in all the properties we will be staying at both NCell and NTC provide good mobile network coverage with 4G/3G till Hotel Everest View.
Given that nighttime temperatures drops below freezing, there will be no running water during this tour. However, we will make sure that you are adequately supplied with bucket water throughout your stay.
It is customary to provide guides and porters with tips which usually amounts to Rs. 300-400 per person per day.
Refund and cancellation Policy
In case of cancellation of flights due to bad weather, your flight tickets will be rescheduled for the next day. If in the unlikely case that flights do not happen for an extended period of time and you wish to cancel your tour, a full refund will be provided.
In case of a government imposed restrictions, a full refund will be provided deducting any service that has already been used.
In case you get a positive result in your PCR Test result and inform us at least 48 hours before the flight, a full refund will be provided. If a group wishes to cancel the entire trip because of a single positive PCR result, a full refund will be provided for the everyone in the group if the members wish so.
In case of absence of a Negative PCR Test at the time of boarding, you will be denied entry on the flight to Lukla. We will provide you with 60 percent refund in that case.
If the client has to cancel the trip because of any unforeseen circumstance 48 hours before departure time, HoneyGuide will provide a full refund. Any cancellations made after that, will be subject to 60 percent refund.
HoneyGuide reserves the right to cancel the trip or any part of it based on extraneous circumstances like weather or safety. In that case, we will provide a refund commensurate to the services not used.