- Location: South Asia, between India and China
- Coastline: 0 km (Landlocked)
- Government Type: Federal Democratic Republic
- Capital: Kathmandu (1,400 m above sea level)
- Area: 147,181 sq km (56,827 sq mi)
- Population: 31,551,305
- Population (Kathmandu): 1.183 million (2015)
- GDP: $70.08 billion (2015 est.)
- Driving System: Left
- Telephone Country code: +977
- Internet Country Code: .np
- Visa: On Entry
- Port of Entries: Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA)- only international airport, Kakarvitta, Jhapa; Birganj, Parsa; Kodari, Sindhupalchowk; Belahia, Bhairahawa; Jamunaha, Nepalgunj Mohana, Dhangadhi; Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar; Rasuwagadi, Rasuwa
- Time Zone: GMT +5:45 hours
- Currency: Nepali Rupee
- Exchange Rate: USD 1 = NPR 109.67
- Climate: varies from Tropical Wet Monsoon to High Altitude Cold Desert. Primary rainy season: June to September.
- Terrain: Ranges from the flat plains at 70 masl (meters above sea level) to the rugged Himalayas at 8,848 masl.
- Highlights: 8 of the world’s 10 highest peaks are here including the highest Mt. Everest.
- Protected Region Area: 28,959.67 sq km (19.67%)
- Major National Parks: Chitwan National Park, Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park, Annapurna Conservation Area
- Ethnic Groups: Chhettri 16.6%, Brahman-Hill 12.2%, Magar 7.1%, Tharu 6.6%, Tamang 5.8%, Newar 5%, Kami 4.8%, Muslim 4.4%, Yadav 4%, Rai 2.3%, Gurung 2%, Damai/Dholii 1.8%, Thakuri 1.6%, Limbu 1.5%, Sarki 1.4%, Teli 1.4%, Chamar/Harijan/Ram 1.3%, Koiri/Kushwaha 1.2%, other 19%
- Languages: Nepali (official) 44.6%, Maithali 11.7%, Bhojpuri 6%, Tharu 5.8%, Tamang 5.1%, Newar 3.2%, Magar 3%, Bajjika 3%, Urdu 2.6%, Avadhi 1.9%, Limbu 1.3%, Gurung 1.2%, other 10.4%, unspecified 0.2%
- Religions: Hindu 81.3%, Buddhist 9%, Muslim 4.4%, Kirant 3.1%, Christian 1.4%, other 0.5%, unspecifed 0.2% (2011 est.)
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites: 10
- Major Heritage Sites: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Lumbini, Pashupatinath Temple.
- Natural Hazards: severe thunderstorms; flooding; landslides; earthquake.
- Other Hazards: Strikes and demonstrations.
- Major infectious diseases: bacterial diarrhea, hepatitis A and E, and typhoid fever, Japanese encephalitis, malaria, and dengue fever