HoneyGuide Apps is an exciting travel-tech startup and happens to be the most amazing place you can work in Kathmandu right now. Here is why:Learning
- We have an in-house curriculum to help you understand the core principles about the stuffs you will be working on.
- Data Driven Decision Making means that the best ideas win and there will be numbers to back it up.
- Rather than features, we focus on running experiments which means all of us learn something new all the time.
- Since roles are ill-defined and departments are non-existent here, you will learn about technology, marketing, photography, sales, culture, analytics, networking, design and everything else in between.
- You will also be learning a lot from the diversity in the founding team. ( Abhishek Pande , Ashish Shrestha and Diwaker Ghimire )
- Look at our app. Something like this has never been done before. It isn’t hard to see that innovation is in our DNA.
- Sloppy and mediocre work has no place at HoneyGuide. If it isn’t five times better than what is out there, we trash it.
- That said, HoneyGuide isn’t for everybody. HoneyGuide is a refuge for people who were too smart for school, too headstrong for teachers, too creative for banks, too motivated for an INGO and too adventurous for a routine job.
- The work you will do at HoneyGuide will not only be fun, but also promotes far-flung destination, bridges cultures, saves lives and creates a marketing platform for small travel businesses in Nepal.
- The love we have received from Nepali newspapers , Lonely Planet and Business World stand as testament to the innovation and impact that HoneyGuide brings to the table
- As winners of The Global Impact Accelerator Program from Nepal , we will be participating in Slush 2016 , one of the largest startup events in Europe.
- Contact two of our co-workers about what it is like to work at HoneyGuide Apps. Sophina Luitel and Ashik Shrestha .
- Read the following blogs: Finding HoneyGuide; How I found Yabyum in Mustang and RIP your Guidebook .
- 2 day weekend
- Flexible work hours
We understand it was a long read just to get to the Job Description, but amazing teams are built by understanding each other’s hopes and fears. Please take time to understand what HoneyGuide stands for by going through our blogs and social media channels. We too shall go beyond your GPA and work experience during the interviews. ;)
And now, here are the Job Descriptions:
Job Description for Content Writer
Amazing content is at the heart of what we do at HoneyGuide Apps. That is one of the fields in which we do not even compromise one bit. Hence we are looking for an adventurer, scholar and storyteller all rolled in one.
- Skeptical: If your idea of research is a google search and taking stories at face value, HoneyGuide is not the place for you. Since we do not talk shop here, we are looking for people who can question and dissect mercilessly.
- Curious/Open minded: Since most of your work will revolve around learning, it is a no-brainer that we are looking for a truly curious and open minded person.
- Great sense of humour: A good sense of humour is essential not only to make in depth content amazing, but is also a necessary assets to explore those remote hinterlands without much material comforts.
- A natural born story-teller: As we said, it isn't just about researching and travelling, it is about presenting what you have learnt in a compelling way.
- Organizer and Team Player: Since you will also be working with external content writers, being a team player and a good organizer will come in very handy.
- Research: Do in depth study of a destination. It might be for the mobile app, website or other marketing channels.
- Travel: Travel to amazing places not only to do field research, but to actually 'feel' the place.
- Write: From the research and fieldwork, write insightful, relevant and helpful content.
- Coordinate: Find, organize and coordinate with writers from outside of HoneyGuide.
- Must have done his fair share of travelling.
- Must have an insatiable thirst to know more about places and people.
- Strong command of both spoken and written English.
- Good at Photography and Post-processing. Videography will be an added bonus.
- In good physical condition.
If you think you fit the bill, let's talk. Send an email to Ashish Shrestha honeyhunter [at] honeyguideapps [dot] com along with your
- Cover Letter (Why you and HoneyGuide Apps will be a great fit?)
- CV with references and travel experiences.
- 3 recent writing samples.
- Photography/Videography portfolio.
PS: An application will not be considered complete without all four parts. We will not review incomplete applications. Also, we do not discriminate on sex, race, age, marital status, religion, sexual inclination or fetishes. Please do not include such information in your application.
Job Description for Front-end Developer
We have great product, but having product is not always sufficient it must always evolve with current technological trend and always be co-operative with it's user. As such we seek developers who can keep up with us and user.
- Curious: Should look new technologies with curiosity not as another "thing".
- Learning Attitude: Nobody knows all, but if you have learning attitude you will get by whatever people throw at you.
- Great Communicator: If you understand there is more to communication than speech and words, you are the one we are looking for. ;)
- Proactive: Since you will be taking the lead on most activities, it is a no brainer that you need to be very very proactive.
- Team player: You will also be working closely with the founding team, web marketeer and other members of the team, getting along with people is the key.
- Data Driven: You can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? You must understand the importance of data to measure the effectiveness of seemingly intangible activities.
- Coordinate: You will be coordinating with UI/UX team frequently as well as with Backend team.
- Knowledge Sharing: You will be sharing knowledge and ideas about anything, from what you are working on to whatever you hacked on weekend.
- 1+ years of experience in HTML/CSS.
- Knowledge of tools like Photoshop/Illustrator is must.
- Knowledge of DVCS tools, mercurial or git is plus.
If you think you fit the bill, let's talk. Send an email to Ashish Shrestha honeyhunter [at] honeyguideapps [dot] com with following,
- Cover Letter (Why you and HoneyGuide Apps will be a great fit?)
- CV with references
- Link to your portfolio application (if applicable)
PS: An application will not be considered complete without all three parts. We will not review incomplete applications. Also, we do not discriminate on sex, race, age, marital status, religion, sexual inclination or fetishes. Please do not include such information in your application.
Job Description for Digital Marketing Officer
HoneyGuide Apps is a fast growing travel and tech startup with a vision and capacity to reinvent the way people travel. To that end we are looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant for our web marketing activities (Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing). So if you love traveling, technology, and creative work, keep reading.
- Learning: If you say “Why” more than “Yes Sir”, chances are you’ll fit right in. Also you will learn more than you bargained for here. Keep an open mind.
- Attention to Detail: Saying “Eti bhaye pugihalyo ni, Chalcha.” at HoneyGuide will raise a few eyebrows. “Finish bhanepachi Finish” that's how we roll.
- Passion for Outdoors: AWe specialize in Adventure Travel, so must you.
- Upfront: Criticism is not a negative word. If you know this already, we might as well be half-brothers.
- Incisive: Don’t tell us what keywords are hot, tell us why they are hot.
- Outside the box?: Screw the box, you should be both inside and outside of it at the same friggin"e; time. Get it?
- Research: You will be doing basic keyword research, competitive research, forum search, along with keeping up with relevant current affairs in travel.
- Analyze: You will grind all that raw information and come up with ideas for creatives. You will also help the founding team keep track of key metrics.
- Create: You will help content writers, designers and PR officers with creating and publishing content in our website and social media.
- High level of proficiency in written english.
- Understanding of basic marketing principles.
- Must have basic understanding of HTML, On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
- Must be fluent with what sells and what doesn’t in various social media platforms.
- Must love travel. No compromises there.
- Good understanding of Nepal’s travel industry.
- Photography and Basic Graphic Designing skills will be a big plus. If not we will teach you. ;)
We do not discriminate on sex, race, age, marital status, religion, sexual inclination or fetishes. Please do not include such information in your resume that you are about to send right now. Also include at least two recent original writing samples. Send to Ashish Shrestha at honeyhunter [at] honeyguideapps [dot] com